Fall has so many sweets we can love. The Vegan Carrot Cupcake is a favorite of mine. I love the way the house smells when these are done baking.
Vegan Carrot Cake Recipe:
- 1/2 Cup Orange Juice
- 1 Cup Applesauce
- 2 1/2 Cup Flour
- 3 Cups Carrots ( Preferred Shredded)
- 3/4 Cup Coconut Milk (Nut Milk or Soy can be used as well)
- 1 Cup Walnuts
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ginger
- 1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Pre-Heat Oven to 350 F
- Whisk Dry Ingredients Together
- In another bowl, combine the wet ingredients
- In one big bowl, pour Wet Mixture into the Dry Ingredients.
- Mix until combined with Spoon (Don't Over Mix*)
- Fold in Carrots and Walnuts
- Pour batter into an oiled cake pan
- Bake until the top looks crisp or a knife comes out clean
The best advice I could give with this recipe is not to over-mix. If you mix too much, it becomes hard and dense when the batter is baked. We want to make sure the batter is fluffy and light. That is why we whisk the dry ingredients separately and lightly mix everything together with a wooden spoon.
This is a cake recipe, but I pour the batter into cupcake pans so I can make a lot and then freeze the ones that won't be eaten this week. That way, they can be put in the oven quickly, and the house smells like fall again. I am always tinkering with my recipes to make them the best. So far, from the family reviews, this is the best recipe; however, as I perfect it, I will update it here.
When it comes to the frosting, I have yet to come upon the best vegan cream cheese frosting. Once I find the best frosting recipe to match these cupcakes, I will let you guys know.
I hope you guys enjoy the recipe.