For those of us who have family that gets headaches when making pancakes on the stove, the craving for pancakes is hard. I was finally able to get around it when I discovered Pancake Bakes. Pancake Bake is easy and fast because they use Pancake mix. Pancake Bakes also takes the sweet tooth away for my family members who want a cake like sweet but can't have the chocolate they miss.
Blueberry Pancake Bake Recipe:
- 2 Cups Complete Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- 2 Tablespoons Butter (Melted)
- 1.5 Cups Cashew Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Fresh Blueberries
- 1 Tablespoon Natural Honey
- Pre-Heat Oven to 350 F
- In a small bowl, add blueberries, then cover in natural honey. Make sure the honey is a little tart, and covers the blueberries completely by mixing them.
- In another bowl and add Pancake Mix.
- With a wooden spoon, mix in butter, vanilla, and eggs.
- Stir in a bit of milk at a time (Don't over-mix); there will be lumps.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Make sure you can pour out the batter with a thick consistency.
- Pour batter into a buttered baking dish.
- Bake until a knife comes out clean through the middle or the top is golden brown.
This pancake bake can also be cut up and put in the freezer to take out in the morning for the next three months. This bake can be in the refrigerator for one week and has to be refrigerated.
This recipe is another bake, where over-mixing causes it to be dense; for more measures to not over mix, you could mix the wet ingredients 1st and then slowly stir into the Pancake mix. I like to follow the recipe because I can see when the consistency I want forms.
For the honey, the tartness helps brings out more of the sweetness from the blueberries. That is why most blueberry bakes require lemon juice. I got around that by using natural tart, honey. I have tried molasses, too, but it makes the bake too dense.
You could also use this same recipe without the blueberries and honey; that would give you a lovely fluffy, plain cake. It will taste like a pancake but with a cake texture.
I hope you enjoy the recipe!
*In all my recipes, regular milk can be used, but I use Cashew Milk. Cashew Milk is used because some family members are allergic to Coconut and have difficulty digesting Cow Milk.