When my family 1st moved into our current home, it had been more than a decade since we had carpet. We had to learn how to clean it and make the rooms smell great.
The best way we found is to make Carpet Powder, spread it all over the carpet, and then Vacuum the room. It deodorizes the carpet and makes the room smell so great.
Carpet Powder Recipe:
- Air-Tight Sealed Container
- Spice Shaker
- 4 oz Baking Soda
- 2 ml Essential Oil: 3 Piece scent Live
- You find an air-tight sealed container
- Add the baking soda to the container
- Then drop the essential oil a little at a time while mixing the baking soda with a silicone spoon
- Keep stirring the mixture until the baking soda is covered in the essential oil and is a little clumpy.
- Close the container and keep it in a cool and dark area
- After one day, you can use it
- To use it, add the powder to a clean empty spice shaker
- Shake it all over the carpet.
You can keep the carpet powder in an air-tight container as long as you want. The longer it sits, the more the scent is absorbed. After one month, once you open the container, you will smell it. After six months, the smell lasts longer on the carpet.
I like to use the 3 Piece Live scent sometimes, and sometimes I like Flirt. Either make the room smell fantastic; it just depends on my mood.
I hope you enjoy this recipe.